USASP-MAYDAY Clinical/Translational Research Award
Since 1993, The MAYDAY Fund has supported innovative projects to close the gap between knowledge and practice in the treatment of pain, as well projects to build on the current knowledge base. Understanding that creating meaningful change with modest funding is a challenge, MAYDAY tends to provide significant support to a handful of projects annually. Starting in 2023, The MAYDAY Fund has awarded the United States Association for the Study of Pain funding for 3 years to support two meritorious early career investigators who propose innovative clinical/translational research in the field of pain.
Competitive research proposals address clinical/ translational research related to the management of pain. Applicants should describe the proposed research in pain and describe how it is innovative and cutting edge. In addition, the applicant should describe their vision for a career in pain research and provide information or any examples of leadership in pain-related activities.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- The application portal will open March 1, 2023
- Deadline for completed applications is 11:59 PM (eastern) on March 30, 2023
- Grant awards will begin July 1, 2023
To be eligible for the USASP-MAYDAY Clinical/Translational Research Award, the applicant:
- Must be a USASP member
- Early career Assistant Professors within four years of the appointment are eligible to apply, except those who have received tenure at the time of the application.
- Must conduct their research and be appointed at an institution in the United States or Canada.
- Should demonstrate a commitment to the field of pain research.